Thursday, March 11, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 10

I really am grateful to the Lord that He has guided us to this study. The fact that He's guiding us chapter by chapter each week has really allowed for ministration and an in depth look at our hearts instead of a feel good for the moment charge. He is just so good!

Reading this chapter and having the Lord minister me has really been challenging. And I suspect it will continue to be so. How do we admit that we have idols in our lives that have taken the rightful place of God? Only with the help of Holy Spirit. And although it may be painful, I praise the Lord that there is not an altar of idol worship that can not be broken before His presence!

Last week was so insightful. I really enjoyed seeing how the Lord ministered us in some ways the same and in others so distinctly and personal. But isn't that Him, so loving and gentle and personal and intimate!


This week we'll be reading John 4:1-15 and answering the question:
In what ways can you see yourself in this woman?


While reading this passage, I just wanted to sit down and talk with her. Hear her testimony. Fellowship is so important for just that reason. We not only share with one another, but we get to encourage one another.


But encourage one another daily,
as long as it is called Today,
so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Hebrews 3:13
NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14