Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Warning

As we're approaching the obstacles to freedom in our Breaking Free study, please be advised against the following--the enemy will attack.

As humans, we can be real enthusiastic and all fired up and filled with gusto about starting something and then give up or continue just to say we finished.

So inorder to continue with this study with zeal, Holy Spirit pointed out some common pitfalls:

1. Laziness
We want quick fixes and band aids, but these don't last. Instead, let's let the Lord really dig deep and reveal our hearts' condition and allow Him to make eternal changes in us.


Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12


2. Lack of accountability
We don't want to confess. Pride will prevent confession, the tearing down of walls, the coming out from behind the masks. Remember pride comes before the fall. Instead, let's ask Holy Spirit to guide us to whom we should be confessing. I have personally witnessed the Lord wanting to minister someone but the person's refusal to confess his/her sin prohibits the ministration. The Lord will not violate His Word.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9


3. Letting our guard down
We tend to get comfortable and careless. Just because I have had the victory in an area of my life doesn't mean I let my guard down in that area. Remember our enemy is subtle and disguises himself.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8


4. Looking back
We tend to to let one failure/setback render us as hopeless. Let us remember that this is a process until the coming of our Lord Jesus.

13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14


5. Loosing sight
We tend to look for results. We walk by faith not by sight. Whether my physical eyes see anything or not is not the correct representation of the reality of God's work in my life.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7



So to recap, beware of the 5 L's:
1. Laziness
2. Lack of accountability
3. Letting your guard down
4. Looking back
5. Loosing sight

2 comments:

  1. Very uplifting post! Thanks for the warning. I pray that we all take heed by persevering and working, being humble and contrite, being alert, pressing forward and having eyes to see and ears to hear. Help us Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must heed to the warning and keep on the alert!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14