Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wake Up Call

Fire Escape

On Thursday night, the girls were tucked into bed and fast asleep. We had prayed and Hubby even asked me to pray for him before we were down for the night. I knew the Lord was calling me to a late night prayer session which I was looking forward to. I finished listening to Brannon Howse and was making my way to the living room so as to not disturb anyone.

I bundled myself with a cozy sweater and some socks; my alone time was to be intimate and quiet. I realized the fire escape had remained opened from when I yelled out of it earlier to Syd as she parked her car. I grabbed the metal in my hand and didn't give it another thought. I slammed it tightly to insure it's proper closure.

Then suddenly, I hear a bang on the floor. Bang! Bang! Bang! I had woken up Hubby. I yell, "Babe, Babe!" so as to reassure him it was only me. But no, he runs out of the bedroom to the dark living room and at this point I don't know what he's going to do. I have to let him know it's me. I yell, "Babe, babe, it's me!" He stops in mid track and mutters something like, "Oh, honey, you scared me. I didn't know it was you." I start to laugh. Then stop quickly realizing he may not find it as funny. He heads back to bed. I get on my knees to pray. I start then stop and proceed to laugh, loudly. I ask the Father to help me. I don't want to be insensitive to Hubby. I continue to laugh. Then I hear laughter coming from our bedroom. It's Hubby.

I ask, "Would you like to pray with me? Maybe the Lord did it so you would join me. You're awake already aren't you?" Hubby comes from the bedroom laughing. I join him at the carpet and we're on our knees laughing. And I mean some good, teary, sides hurting laughter. We're delighted in the thought that indeed the Lord will use anything and everything to get us to pray.

That night I wanted to be alone. I envisioned a quiet, intimate time with my Lord. The Lord wanted some joyful, united, surrendering from us. His plans are higher and better. We prayed. I cried and cried in His beautiful presence. I heard His gentle voice and felt His mighty hands upon us.

Maybe what you're going through isn't a funny story at all. But maybe the Lord is allowing it to give you a wake up call to pray!?

3 comments:

  1. Love it sis, I could just picture the both of you. This made me chuckle, isn't the Lord great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord loves us so much that He will do just about anything to tug at our hearts to be in HIS presence in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14