Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Home Builder: Everything in Its Place

Have you ever heard, "A place for everything and everything in its place"?

Well, we're learning that over here.

While we were once again decluttering, Hubby made the comment, "It feels like we do this a lot." And in fact, we do. Why? Because we really never finish the job i.e. the Brother Box.

So this time around, we're making a place for what stays and if there is no place, it gets tossed out.

These are just some places I created around the home to keep things tidier.

Mail Center


This little basket holds all the mail. On Friday, it gets sorted (filed away, thrown away, shredded away, or recycled away). This avoids mail floating around the house and ending up in a pile somewhere.


Stationary Center


This little vase turned stationary center is right by the computer. It contains envelopes, stamps, bank envelopes and deposit slips, cute stationary, calculator, and pen. This little center makes it easy to calculate things while I'm on the computer, get the deposit slips ready for Hubby, and get any mail that has to get sent out ready.


Control Center


This is a dish/bowl that is at the center of our coffee table in the living room. Here we keep the remote for the dvd and ac, our phones as well as the camera (obviously not pictured:). This keeps me from hunting for these things throughout the house.


These are just a few of our "centers". I have truly found that if there is a specific place for things, you'll cut down on your messes and thus decluttering parties (as I like to call them). By the way, by the time you read this post, we will have cleaned all the little piles around the house. Now it's just about maintenance which will be easier with these little centers in place.

1 comment:

  1. What an inspirational post. Last week I started to de-clutter my in-box.

    Right now I have a coffee mug beside my computer filled with pens, a stapler, rubber bands and binder clips. Reusing a vase for my stationary items is a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14