Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter 7: To Enjoy God's Presence

What is the most satisfying part of your relationship with God?


Hands down--His voice!

I love to hear His voice. I love whatever He is saying whenever He's saying it-whether through His written Word, through Holy Spirit, through an instrument in His hands--I love hearing His voice!

For me there's nothing more satisfying than talking with Him and hearing him however He chooses to "speak" to me.

And I think for that same reason, it can be the area in which He uses to grow my faith. Recently, I have cried in His presence (as I am crying now) thinking of how things use to be between us. I would speak, He would speak; He would speak, I would speak.

Not so now. I know with all of my heart He continues to speak to me, but He and I know that it's not the same. It had to change because I have some growing up to do. And I am no longer fighting it. I'll take whatever and however He chooses to speak to me. I will receive joyfully. But like I said by far I love His voice.

I think that so often we make the statement--"I love the Lord's presence" or "There's nothing like the Lord's presence." I know I have. But then why don't we spend or really invest more time in His presence? I know that I am always before the presence of the Lord, but nothing can compare to being with Him alone, silent, and listening. I am resolved to do that--to give God what is God's and I am God's and I will give myself to Him in His presence.

Will you?


You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11


1 comment:

  1. SURRENDER is what I hear the Lord telling me. I can only do that in HIS presence. May I surrender my time, my thoughts, my ideas, my plans and mostly ME to HIM...in the name of JESUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14