Thursday, February 4, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 5

Wow what a chapter! Chapter 4 really got us where God wants us to be-open and honest in our weaknesses so that He could glorify Himself. I am so thankful to the Holy Spirit for what He's doing in our lives through this study. I rejoiced at reading that indeed my sisters and I were being challenged and tested. I am over joyed at our triumphs.

But we must not stop there. No, this is just the beginning of what the Lord is doing.

Michelle had mentioned seeing God working on her husband as well. Amen! Hubby is along for the ride with me to on my freedom quest. As a matter of fact, on Tuesday night after service, Hubby started talking to me about his conversation with Holy Spirit. I was like, "Honey, that's chapter 5! You're skipping!" So, I can testify that this journey is definitely ministering Hubby as well. Glory to God! I would strongly recommend doing the homework with your husbands even if they don't read the book. Sometimes their answers to the questions about us offer more insights than our own view on things.

If chapter 4 taught us anything, I would have to say it is-surrender in prayer my sisters! So please keep all of the sisters' areas in prayer throughout the study as Sydney had suggested. (Maria's petitions can be found here in the comments section)

And remember two key elements of this study are (1) the book is to be read alongside the Bible and not instead of (2) prayer and lots of it and oh I guess there is (3) being open, truthful, and willing to share. I have found accountability to be essential to freedom. There have to be people around me willing to call me out on walking in the flesh.

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17

So this week's homework assignment is to answer the following question:


Does your hungry soul ever manifest physical symptoms such as irritability, selfish ambitions, anger, impure thoughts, envy, resentments, and eruptions of lust?


We'll link up our answers on Monday:)

4 comments:

  1. Sister I am so looking forward to chapter 5 and what else the Lord will be revealing to us. I thank the Lord that the hubbys are involved because they can see and Praise the Lord that they still love us despite our flaws, but what we can sometimes be in denial about they can help bring to light, so that we can be free and in return they can also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a blessing what the Holy Spirit is doing in each of you sisters! I encourage you to continue with what you have set in yoiur hearts and Fight (alot)! There's one thing the enemy does not like and it is not that we go to church, sing, jump, dance or even shout-- It is being Free in the Lord. Warning: The enemy will try to come and tell you that you are wasting your time (maybe not now but this is a long process), however Fight Fight Fight because God is doing a mighty work in each of you and us men too!! Glory to God...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly am so grateful for what the Lord is doing in all of our lives. I praise Him that I have brothers and sisters willing to stand in the gap and fight with me and for me. May God continue to bless each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank the Lord for my husband. There have been times when he has prayed for situations that I have faced when I just threw my hands up in the air in defeat. He certainly does hold me accountable and calls me out when needed..but in such a loving way that even when the Lord tells him to be stern with me...I still see the love.

    Pressing on and not looking back!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14