Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trusting HIM

take the plunge

God is good!

I wanted to thank you all for your comments and posts on Chapter 3. Thank you for sharing the beautiful things God has done and is doing in your lives.

We all had a common factor-trust. And in the end, that is what it boils down to-trust. I shared with Sydney something that the Lord will bring to me when I am battling to trust Him in an area. A BIC had preached on trusting God. He gave a physical demonstration of throwing ourselves and trusting that God will catch us using a father and son as examples.

When I am faced with something that seems hard for me at the time, the Lord will remind me, "Will you throw yourself and trust I will catch you?" And even when I ask the Lord, "But what if I step out of Your will and fall?" He persists, "Aren't I strong enough to pick you up even if you fall?" At His reassurance, I now trust.

And I think that is what God wants us to know as His children. He wants us to know that if we throw ourselves into His arms as an act of obedience through surrendering our will to His, He will always catch us. And even if we fall due to disobedience but look up to Him in repentance, He will always be there to lift us up.

We can trust HIM.

Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:4

2 comments:

  1. Amen my sister. We need so much to have a faith that is child-like. I've been reading the gospels and noticed how many times Jesus called us to believe.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the illustration the brother did in church. May we have the faith to know that the Lord is always there ready, willing and able to catch us.

    Your mercy LORD is everlasting to everlasting...

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14