Friday, January 1, 2010

Scripture Memorization #1

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

I choose this verse for many reasons, then again Holy Spirit choose it because I had another one already picked out.

So what are some of the things I will be meditating on as I read and learn this verse?

1. What am I fixing my eyes on?
2. What are these temporary things that cloud my vision from seeing the eternal?
3. Do I have a temporal or eternal outlook on things?


A lot of other Scriptures come to heart as I look at this verse. And that's the point-to allow Holy Spirit to minister us. Anyone can memorize and recite Scriptures but we have a higher call-to meditate and thus obey the Word (Joshua 1:8).

So what's your verse? How has the Lord begun to minister you on this particular verse?

Note: I made this a few days ago to house my cards. I just disassembled an envelope to use as my template, cardstock, and masking tape. You can also add a velcro closure (which I didn't have) to shut it closed. Hubby even wanted one:)




1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to continue with my scripture memorization. I certainly not only want to be able to cite the verses correctly but more importantly LIVE them out in HIM!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14