Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bye Bye Brother


Today, we said good-bye to our Brother box. It served us well but it was time to let go. Amen!!!!

The Brother box has been on my to do list since the end of last year and now I can enthusiastically cross it off. When we would do one my infamous "decluttering" parties, whatever I couldnt seem to find a place for at the end would get dumped in the Brother box. Therefore, the house would still be clean and I knew I had a pending cleaning appointment.

The thing is, instead of being a temporary fix, the box became almost a piece of furniture in the house. Hubby would tell me, "If you haven't looked into that box for anything, most of it must be junk to throw away." I readily defended my Brother box as a keeper of many valuables that just needed to be sorted out. WRONG!!! Hubby was right and most of it was tossed. The house once again feels 10 pounds lighter.

(I am also convinced there must a storer in the marriage and one who likes to throw things away.)

Besides saying bye bye to Brother, today I prepared two bake zitis and two french fry casseroles. It was soooo easy and fast. I thought it would have taken longer but because the veggies were already cut up, it was basically cooking the ground turkey and assembling the rest. So for this upcoming week, cooking will be light. Thank You Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. I am definately the storer in the marriage.
    What am I storing at the moment? Papers...papers and more papers! I have 2 regular sized grocery shoppings bags of papers that I must sort through and toss (junk mail and advertisements)and file the rest (bank statements, etc.) Oh no! and I can't forget my bin in the kitchen which started out as a good idea (for decoration) and now its a paper holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, I'm breaking free from the papers!!!! You have to rebuke them immediately or at least shred them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14