Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wedding Anniversary

Lover
Today, Hubby and I celebrate our wedding anniversary. Well, at least one of them. Today commemorates our civil ceremony and in August we celebrate our wedding anniversary through the church. And believe me when I say I am using the word celebrate loosely. Tonight we plan on enjoying a great meal and enjoy some family time together.

Last night when speaking to Hubby, I asked him what's his favorite part of our marriage and he answered quickly, "Our laughter!" And I completely agree.

However, our marriage was not always characterized with laughter. There were simply hellish times in which neither of us (and some other people as well) did not think we were going to make it. But we serve a faithful God who has sustained us.

Despite our marriage having a lot of low's, the highs are higher than the lowest low. Make sense? So today we are celebrating God's faithfulness, might, and power. We are thankful for His love and long suffering and patience with us.

I thank you Lord for our marriage. I thank you that Your thoughts are so much higher than mine. You've given me more than I could have thought, asked, or imagined. I thank you that Your Will prevailed over the enemy's plans and even over our flesh. Thank You for manifesting Your love to us. The mercy You have showed us is immense. Please continue to bless us with love, unity, and joy. Truly, Your joy is our strength. Thank You for the laughter and the tears throughout these years. Continue to mold us, transform us, and renew us in the image of Jesus Christ through Your Holy Spirit in Jesus' name. Amen.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
Genesis 2:24

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Matthew 19:6

7 comments:

  1. I remember when you called me and told me you were on your way to your civil marriage ceremony.
    I was so happy for all of you! To witness how the both of you allow the Lord to be the potter and you the clay is awesome. I rejoice with you guys knowing that HE is LORD in your marriage and in your home.

    May God continue to strengthen your marriage in HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Syd for your blessings. We have learned that many say "Lord, Lord," but it only a few actually live it. I pray that all of us will truly have Jesus as Lord of our lives and every aspect therein;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gozo de saber hasta donde Dios los ha traido.
    Ustedes realmente son un ejemplo de perseverancia y confianza en aquel que cada dia perfeciona lo que ha comenzado y cuales planes no conocemos pero sabemos que son perfectos porque el es poderoso para hacer todo possible. El es fiel y verdadero.
    que el Espiritu Santo siga obrando su perfecta voluntad en su matrimonio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord sister. It is truly a victory in the Lord. And a great testimony to others to see what the Lord has done in your lives and marriage. May the Lord continue to unite, mold, and transform you and Randy. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful testimony of God's grace and mercy. May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen your family, always. Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much ladies for all your blessings. I pray that the Lord may also bless each and everyone of your marriages as well with His love, unity, and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your anniversary! Laughter, that's a beautiful thing to have in a marriage. Blessings to you both. (Our anniversary was a day after yours, the 20th!).

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14