Saturday, December 26, 2009

Planning Ahead

I had been asking the Lord for an opportunity to go deeper in His Word. I was thinking of doing a Bible Study (like one from MacArthur), but then this book divinely presented itself to me.

So for the upcoming year, I will be reading Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender by Beth Moore.

I have experienced first hand what it is to be in Christ and be captive. And I have also experienced the power of liberation and ministration through Holy Spirit. Thank You Lord! So I am passionate about being free and staying free in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a continual process until the coming of Jesus. Amen!

I will be ordering the book soon so I will have enough time to read the first chapter and post some questions/comments on it beginning January 11, 2010 and every following Monday until I am done. There are 47 chapters, so I will tackle a chapter a week. It gives me plenty of time to read it and really study it alongside the Word of God. It also has discussion questions. I plan to be done by late November early December.

If you want to join me, you're more than welcome. Just leave me a comment/email me to let me know. And in the name of Jesus, I will also be committing myself to Bible memorization. Although I praise the Lord for allowing me to learn several Scriptures during my tot's homeschool, I want to focus on specific scriptures He's ministering me on. I will attempt two every month. I will post these on the 1st and 15th of every month. 24 Scriptures!!!!!! You are also most welcome to join in.

I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us all this upcoming year. The most important goal is getting closer to HIM and staying there!

Lord, I pray that You would help us to stay focused on YOU. Your Word says that if we draw near to You, You draw near to us. Help us to understand that having You is indeed having it all, in Jesus' name. Amen

6 comments:

  1. Karen, Breaking Free by Beth Moore is fantastic. I did her study. She's wonderful. Are you doing the videos as well? They can be downloaded for about $5.00 per session on her LifeWay site.

    I would love to join in on the scripture memorization. That will be very good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited as a family to begin the scripture memorization this year.

    I was reading an excerpt from the Beth Moore book and it seems verrrry interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Glad to have you on board Jasmine! I didn't even know there were videos to the study. I remember when you posted the Esther videos. They were so good for God's glory. I think for now I am just sticking to the book though unless Holy Spirit directs me otherwise:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new here! I think that is the same study I did sometime ago. it was a Beth Moore but I can't remember which study. It was years ago.

    I will be more than happy to join in on bible memorization! I have had that conviction laid on my heart for sometime and really need the encouragement to get moving. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure for now if I will join, I am planning to do the study that Beth Moore is coming out with in Feb. called So Long Insecurity, in the LPM blog. I'm not sure if it will be too much, but I will let you know. Sounds interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ladies, I am so glad to know that the Lord is depositing hunger and thirst for HIM in us. No matter what we choose to do, as long as we choose Christ....Amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14