Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not a Waitron

Italian Restaurant Waitress bathed in light
I was listening to Brannon Howse sometime last week and couldn't help but burst out laughing when he spoke about a "waitron." He discussed the culture war going on in the public school's textbook. For example, a picture of a woman cooking can not be included because it is not culturally correct and may offend. He went on to say that now the word "waitron" is being used because it is offensive to say waiter or waitress because it is gender specific. Of course, he is not in agreement with these terms, he was must making references to them.

Umm waitron? Gender neutral? Who does that sound like? The enemy!

I am not a waitron! I am a daughter of the Almighty God through the shed blood of King Jesus at the cross at Calvary. I am a wife to a God-fearing man. I am the mother of two girls who love their Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus and are guided by His Holy Spirit.

Waitron? No way!

God designed us to have specific gender roles. Any time I step outside of His parameters for my gender role (for example, I am the head of my household instead of my husband), I am in direct disobedience to God.

I love that God made Hubby and I different. And I mean different. But that is the beauty of marriage. There are no weaknesses, only strengths. Since we are one, where I would be weak alone, I am strong because Hubby is there. Hubby doesn't complete me but rather compliments me and I him.

God knows what He's doing. His Way works and only His Way works. Think about how many times you have been grateful that indeed you and your husband are different. I know I am especially thankful for our differences:

1. Hubby is super duper patient
2. Hubby is soft spoken while I am a passionate speaker:)
3. Hubby doesn't dwell on things
4. Hubby doesn't loose his peace easily
5. Hubby is not grossed out by mice and I am...ugggghhhhh:)

In the world, differences lead to conflict. In Christ, differences lead to love and appreciation. And believe me, I am grateful that my Hubby is not a "waitron" but a man, made in the likeness and image of God.


2 comments:

  1. The enemy has always been on a mission to twist the natural order of God into soemthing perverse.

    I am blessed and grateful that the Lord created my husband to carry out a specific role (the head of the house, etc.) and I have my own special role to carry out. But first and foremost WE are children of GOD.

    I feel blessed that we are able to raise our tween in a home where the truth of the WORD leads and guides.

    For ex. I like when my husband offers to open the car door or any other door for me and my tween. I don't feel weak or less of a person because he does so. Or when he offers to open a jar that I am having trouble with. I don't have this feeling that I need to be super independant and can do eveything on my own as I once did..because first I want the Lord to guide me and I want my husband to act out the part that the Lord has called him to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I've been freed from the "I am EVERY woMAN" mentality.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14