Thursday, December 31, 2009

Monthly Round Up: December


Wow the end of the month and end of the year round up. Well, as I am writing this I am truly grateful to the Lord for all that He has done in homeschooling. He amazes me!

On Dec 26, I went to Target and picked up some sight word flash cards for my tot (they have some pretty good resources right now). As I type, she is reading through them and I can't believe how many she knows. Some that we didn't even go through together. Only You Lord!

I am also so thankful that Hubby has been more involved in what the girls are learning. Our new scheduling system makes this possible and enjoyable for all.

The girls have been progressing very well and excelling for God's glory. Holy Spirit is their teacher. My tot is so excited to finish the study of the New Testament by May. We are currently studying the resurrection of Christ. The family is looking forward to our Bible reading plans. My tween finished reading the Bible and is so grateful to God for the perseverance to finish. She kept looking at the finished pages of the calendar with such a big smile. We are also starting a family character study taken from here.

The girls also received some Torchlighters DVDs from the church and my tween has already started reading Richard Wumbrand's Tortured for Christ. She also listened to Anita Dittman's testimony on Brannon Howse's radio show.

All in all, we are seeing HIM which is the most important part of the girls education.


BTW: 2nd Quarterly due soon (for us at least!) That was fast! I am also working on next year's curriculum (mentally working on it that is). How about you?

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing that my niece was determined to finished reading the Bible this year for God's glory.

    I do like the Rod & Staff curriculum with the exception of Reading and the History formats being that the teacher's edition has only summeries of the stories and lessons. Not sure yet on how we will will proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord, may God continue to bless you and yours this upcoming new year.

    God Bless
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14