Monday, December 7, 2009

Home Builder: Coupon Organization

As much as I enjoy coupon shopping, the mess, oh the mess I was experiencing. Paper can be my worst enemy at times. It piles up silently and then it is overflowing on top of desks, computer, tables, etc.

So to avoid this, I am imposing strict rules for myself. Remember the key to couponing is organization. So, to avoid paper piles ups:

1. Look through coupons immediately!!!
2. Toss out any unwanted ads (like for direct tv that have no coupons on either side)
3. Clip the coupons and store them
4. Put the extra coupon booklets away in chronological order (this makes it so much easier when I see online such and such coupon is in SS 10/11/09)
5. Organize all your stuff in one place (coupon bag, binder (if you lug it around), accordion file, pouch (with scissors, pen, notebook, and calculator), coupons attached to circulars, and lastly your reusable bag (CVS gives you a $.25 credit every time you use it (one per day) and prints $1 ECB every 4th visit)

So to recap:
Look, Toss, Clip, Put, Organize

Hope this helps:)

But just in case you're more of a visual person, here is a video for you to watch:)

1 comment:

  1. Nani and I really enjoyed the video.
    Thanks for taking the time to post it.
    What I like to do is keep all my coupons in one place. This is why: Target had Enfamil ready to feed formula on sale for $5.49 and I had a $5.00 off coupon. It would of made for a GREAT deal. I soon remembered that I left the coupon at home in my kitchen in-box :(

    ORGANIZATION is key!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14