Saturday, January 2, 2010

Being Reminded

Lingering whispers
There have been times in my walk with the Lord in which I "remind" God of something that He promised. Now, I do not do this at all because He needs reminding, but because I do and the devil also needs to hear that I am standing firm on the Lord's promises.

Well, some years ago, the Lord promised Hubby and I more children. And in 2005, He blessed us with a beautiful girl. Throughout the years, we waited and have waited and are waiting. And during it all the Lord has been ministering us. Believe me when I let you know that I am SO thankful that the Lord did not give us more children at our time. So many times we can say that, "Oh thank God He saw it fit not to give it to me when I wanted/asked for it," and not really mean.

But I really do mean it. So much so that my contentment led me to somewhat cease expecting. And my expectation at seeing God's glory has been a hallmark in our relationship with God. I don't think, wonder, question whether God will glorify Himself; I know without a doubt He will. Not because I am expecting it, but because He is God and it is His nature.

So based on Tuesday's dream and prayer service, He wants to remind me that He promised us at least one more child, so I should be expecting him/her. Part of our expectation has to include intercession and spiritual warfare. And I am so grateful that my FIC has joined us in both.

Oh how beautiful You are Lord that in Your infinite mercy it pleased you to remind me I have a promise. I wait on You Lord, on Your Word, on You always remembering. Increase my faith that I may believe everything You say and stand on Your Word unwavering. Help me Lord in Jesus' name. Amen!

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Romans 5:5


4 comments:

  1. Joyously we await to see the manifestation of the Lord's promise. El Senor siempre llega a tiempo...El nunca tarda!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! We expectantly await to see the Lord's promise fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria said....
    AMEN SISTER! i can testify that Gods promises will come to pass because he is faithful, you will have your child in Gods perfect timing. I'm glad and thankful that God gave us Daniel now because he knew the perfect time to bless us. And while we are waiting we just need to trust in him and praise him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister Maria! Come join us as we praise Him for He and He alone is worthy to be praised!!!!! I am so grateful to the Lord that He has blessed us with a wonderful FIC to rejoice with. May God bless you and your family today and always!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14