Monday, November 23, 2009

Blessing Shower

We had sooo much fun at the blessings shower. The Pastor spoke such beautiful words that ministered Hubby and me (in Him Yes and in Him Amen!). He reminded us how the FIC had been praying for this baby AND the church as well. So we as a family in Christ rejoice!

I must say God always WOWS me. First, my SIL surprised us by coming with us. Then we get there and my nephew is allllll over me. He's kissing me and hugging me and calling me Titi and I'm loving it. He even gave me a tour of his room. So little man gave me the V.I.P treatment.

While trying to figure out which entrance SIC should enter through, Sis and I got to pretend it was our shower. Pastor predicted I would scream the loudest unbeknown st to me so when it was my turn, guess what? I screamed and squealed and covered my mouth in shock...HA! And Hubby just informed me I was voted the loudest by my sisters...who me???

Once the table and chairs were set up and arranged it looked so beautiful. God gives so much creativity.

My MIL made the cake,

Sis made the diaper cake and capias,

I made the shoes,

and I'm not sure who brought the favors, but they were so nice.
Doesn't it all look so nice!?
The other sisters helped out and brought some delicious food, chips, and soda. Hubby and I are still trying to figure out how SIC gets the pernil to taste soooooooo goooooooood.

I was so glad to see us fellow shipping. We got to speak to some of our new family members and reminisce of what God has done in our lives (defensive driving courses and all:). Hubby and Co-Pastor even sat in the Daddy-to-be's chair, so maybe God is speaking???

4 comments:

  1. It was beautiful to be a part of this special day. Also, to be able to share and spend some more time with the newer members of our FIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a good time. It was def. a blessing. I laughed so hard and reminsced.....my brother is hilarious! I def. think brothers were loving the daddy to be chair..... so maybe there will be more blessing showers on the way. Everything was so beautiful and John is still trying to figure our how you made the shoes, we kept 2 pairs....I love them. It was so nice to spend time with Rachel and Josue Daniel. And to see the body of Christ come together and fulfill their God given gifts and talents was a blessing. When everyone left the house was squeaky clean....what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis I also noticed that there were no pink starburst in the shoes....tell Randy I know those are his favorites and that he was sneaking them in...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for his promises.
    Everything was beautiful, the diaper cake and the shoes, everything. the food was very delicious. God touched everyone's heart to contribute with something special,even some sisters that coudn't make it. Specially thank the Frias family for lending their home for this ocassion. Also it
    was an opportunity to fellowship with new
    members. I thank everyone onces again.Thank you Jesus
    you are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14