Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Becoming a Child

black and white Pictures, Images and Photos
As my tot asked me to help her open something, I did and then started to look at her. She was content at being helped and moved along to another activity. Yet, I stayed there in my bed looking at her and thinking, "It must be so hard to be you. You have to depend on someone else for so much. You're not tall enough, old enough, or strong enough. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes." Then God spoke gently to me and said, "That is how I want you to be. Completely dependent on me."

I was so humbled. Holy Spirit quickly came and shared Matthew 18:23 with me.

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Think about it: Being completely dependent upon God for everything. I have surrendered areas of my life and am still working on others, but I think the real change begins with the revelation that we must be like little children who look to Daddy to meet all of our needs. You can surrender out of frustration, disillusionment, or discontentment, but the Father wants us to change out of the revelation that we need Him-because He alone is God, because only His love fills, knowing His plans are better, trusting He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Children don't care that they don't reach, or can't get it open, or don't know things. They don't worry about their limitations, they think about Daddy's ability and power to get these things done for them.

Can we stop looking at our limitations, shortcomings and stop depending even on our abilities and talents and depend on our Father?

Father, we look to you today and recognize that we have not surrendered it all, but we also come to You today wanting to. Take it all Father and do Your will. I want to change and become like a child who looks to You for everything. Help me Holy Spirit not to look at myself or anyone/anything else as a source of help, strength, or support. Help me to always look at You and keep my eyes fixed on You. I pray this all in the name of Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I know at times I have to put my reasoning to the side and allow my Father to be in complete control of my life. It's easier said than done at times but a great reward awaits (seeing HIS glory)when I surrender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what children can teach you in the course of a day about how we should be with the Lord. During the day Kayli asks me questions, received correction, wants hugs and seeks to act, talk and be like me. If we can take a good look at this and learn to be more like them in our relationship with the Lord, we would always learn, speak, act and talk like our Father. Help us Lord. Thank you sister for this post, it humbled me also.

    Trust in the Lord with all you heart and DO NOT DEPEND on your OWN understanding, in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM and HE will direct your path-- Prov. 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHILDREN ARE AMAZING! WHEN WE STEP BACK AND ANALYZE THEM WE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE LORD EXPECTS FROM US AS HIS CHILDREN. LET ME ANALYZE MY FOUR YEAR OLD: SHE DOESN'T WORRY (WHETHER SHE SEE'S IT OR NOT SHE KNOWS SHE IS GOING TO BE FED EACH DAY), SHE DOESN'T DOUBT (WHETHER SHE OBEYS OR DOES NOT AT A MOMENT, SHE KNOWS THAT MAMI AND DADDY LOVE HER AND ARE THERE TO COMFORT HER AND AT TIMES DISCIPLINE HER AS WELL), SHE FORGIVES IMMEDIATELY (WHEN I APOLOGIZE TO HER FOR SOMETHING I DID SHE IMMEDIATELY SAYS SHE FORGIVES AND HUGS, KISSES OR PLAYING TIME IS IN HER MIND INSTANTLY OR IN HER CASE CONVERSATIONS AS WELL), SHE KNOWS THAT WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING UNREACHABLE OR TOO DIFFICULT (DOES NOT HESITATE TO CALL MAMI OR DADDY: "LIKE CALLING US TO TURN ON THE BATHROOM LIGHT"). THERE ARE SO MUCH OTHER THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS PASSAGE WHEN JESUS SAYS THAT WE ARE TO BECOME LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN" IS THAT AT THIS POINT LITTLE CHILDREN WERE COMING TO HIM AND THE DISCIPLES WERE TRYING TO STOP THEM.. THESE CHILDREN DID NOT ASK WHETHER HE WAS A PROPHET, THEY DIDN'T ASK FOR A SIGN OR MIRACLE, THEY SIMPLY FELT HIS LOVE AND WITHOUT HESITATION RAN TO THE MASTER...(HALELUJAH) LORD, HELP US AS YOUR CHILDREN NOT ONLY RUN TO YOU WHEN THINGS ARE UNREACHABLE, BUT TO RUN TO YOU ALWAYS BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE AND GRACE WITH CLEAN HEARTS LIKE THOSE OF LITTLE CHILDREN. IN JESUS' NAME.

    TO YOU BE ALL THE GLORY!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14