Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Appreciate

S2MS Thankfulness Pictures, Images and Photos


Appreciate means

to grasp the nature, worth, quality, or significance of

to value or admire highly

to judge with heightened perception or understanding

to recognize with gratitude

to increase the value of

Do you feel appreciated? Well chances are if you don't it means you don't appreciate. You see when we appreciate God, what He has done for us, in us, and is doing through us, we will always feel loved by Him. If we are waiting for appreciation to come from other outlets (be it husbands or children), we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Is it wrong for our husbands and children to appreciate us? No, but our self-image should not be made or broken by their words or gestures. Our self-image should depend on what His Word says, what He has already done for us, and whose we are.

If today you wallowing in despair waiting for someone to take notice of you, your hard work, your contributions, STOP! Someone already has taken notice--Jesus. Stop waiting for appreciation and appreciate.

One will say, 'I belong to the LORD ';
another will call himself by the name of Jacob;
still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,'
and will take the name Israel.
Isaiah 44:5

16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15:16

2 comments:

  1. Everything we do should be with a servant attitude knowing that HE is our recompense. We should do it with excellence to please HIM who made the perfect sacrifice for us. Help me Lord to keep my eyes on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sister, I like this post and I agree with you.
    Iam so thanksful that He loves us the way He does
    yo vivo sientiendome amada por el cada dia de mi vida, y no hay nada que pueda substituir su amor y sequire con mis ojos puesto en el, with the help of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus, Amen

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14