Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tick Tock

time Pictures, Images and Photos
15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16

Last week seemed to be an unusual one for us in which we were beginning homeschooling later than usual and I had a to do list as well. When I would get up in the morning (late), I would begin to think of what had to get done during the day and then the enemy would say,

"Get started quickly, don't get backed up.
You'll be miserable and so will the girls.
You don't have to pray just begin the day and stay in communion."

But how many of you know the devil is a liar?!

I noticed this pattern throughout the entire week, but all the glory is God's, I prayed every single morning. I didn't realize why the enemy was especially attacking my prayer life last week until my husband would get home. Come to find out that while I would be praying specific things for him while he was at work, God was moving on these situations instantly. Now I know why the devil was trying his hardest to keep me from the presence of God.

Has he succeeded with you?

Yes, there are times when we wake up and have a lot to do, but nothing should keep us from His presence. Only when we are there will we receive the comfort, wisdom, and strength to tackle our day in the Spirit. Otherwise, we may get our to do list done, but at what cost? Did we get fleshly and grieve the Holy Spirit? Yes, we accomplished everything but ignored the most important person-Jesus. Is it worth it? Absolutely not.

Let's not let the devil steal a precious gift God has given us--time. Let's us use it to seek Him so that He can tell us how He wants us to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14