Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let's Talk About It

bullhorn Pictures, Images and Photos
Are you sincere?
Are you transparent?
Could you openly express your thoughts, concerns, failures?
Can you admit your mistakes?
Or confess your sin?

Do you have the attitude of "what happens between us, stays between us"?
It's no body's business?
I can talk to God about this by myself, I don't need anyone else?

Is that you?

I am convinced that had my husband and I not sought counseling on SEVERAL occasions, we would have been separated or more likely divorced. Or worse, we could have been living a hypocritical, conformed life which is not what Jesus came to give us (John 10:10). In either of these scenarios, we would have been outside of God's will for our lives.

Why can't we speak openly? Why do we answer robotically, "In Victory!" when asked how we are doing?

Simple. Pride and fear.

We're prideful when we can't admit our weaknesses and struggles. We're fearful when we think about the possible judgement or criticism of others. But shouldn't we value His opinion of us more than man's (Matthew 10:28)?

Let's loosen our tongues and take off the masks in the name of Jesus! I pray that we (hubby and I) would remain teachable and continue to learn to be humble and meek like Jesus (Matthew 11:29). That we would seek godly counsel and prayer. We don't want to ever feel or think that we have it all figured out or worse that we're good just like we are. If we're good, we want better. If we're better, then we aim for great, then excellent...until attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13).

Are you willing to expose your heart to someone else and let them know what's going on?

1 comment:

  1. Maria says:
    Amen sister, We must be honest and transparent first with God and also with ourself and others.I pray that all get this understanding and that we continue
    applying it in our lives in Jesus name. !amen.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14