Friday, October 30, 2009

Count Your Blessings Challenge: My Co-Pastor

Picture 19
The Lord has blessed me to know first-hand many wonderful pastors-first, Jesus, the Good Shepherd, my Hubby, my Pastor, and the men of my church that I see pastoring their families faithfully for God's glory.

My Co-Pastor will always have a special place in my family's heart, since we are fruit from his evangelization. By him having the boldness to preach to one person, Hubby, the kingdom of God now as an entire family serving Him. God is good!

My Co-Pastor is a lot of different "roles" for me, my Co-Pastor, brother in Christ, served as a witness when we got married, served as a witness in the dedication of both our girls, and also Hubby's cousin, thus mine too.

But I choose him because he will never know how much he has blessed our family, so I wanted to let him know just a little of how much we appreciate him. I'll try to sum it up as much as possible because otherwise it could be a long list.

1. Integrity
He exemplifies what a man of God should be. He not only preaches the Word (which he does well for God's glory), but most importantly he lives it. I have had the privilege to spend LOTS of time with him and what you see is what you get. Who you see preaching from the pulpit is the same man sitting in the pew and sitting in his living room.

2. Availability
Sleep is not a priority. I can't count how many hours he and his wife (which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) have spent counseling Hubby and I. I can't recall a time when he wasn't available for us at anytime of the night. He has prayed and fasted for us.

3. Bold
Preaches the Word. To anyone, anywhere, under any circumstances, and in Truth, not a watered down Gospel, but the full Gospel. Two important lessons he taught me which have really, really, stuck with me

(1)Don't serve as a stumbling block (Mark 9:42)
(2)Be a peacemaker and a peaceseeker. (Matthew 5:9) (Psalm 34:14)

4. Funny
He is just sooooooo funny. Rare is a time when I have left without laughing when I'm talking with him.

There is so much more I could write like humble, wise, discerning, talented, God-fearing, wonderful husband and father but I could be here for a while. Thank God that when we get to heaven I'll be able to tell him everything that's in my heart and he'll know the impact of his life on ours.


2 comments:

  1. I can definately say amen to all the attributes of our Co-P. Especially, that he is so giving of his time. He has dedicated so much of his time to my husband and I and we are grateful to the Lord for him and his family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maria said
    My co-pastor and his family has been an inspiration and a great blessing for our family. We are grateful to the Lord for them. His is true disciple of Jesus, an instrument in the Lord hand. God bless him and his family.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14