Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Monthly Round Up


Although, it hasn't been a full on month of homeschooling, for us at least, one month is done.  And what a month...to God be the Glory!

We have discovered so much about our family and more importantly learned more about God.  We've been tried and tested. Sometimes we passed; sometimes we failed.  But we continue to see God at work in our lives.

What have I enjoyed most about homeschooling?

1.  Godly Education
We can see God in Math, English, Science, EVERYTHING!

2.  Flexibility
Everything doesn't have to be crammed in a set time.  Like today, I was almost in tears talking about God during Science (my daughter was yelling, "You can preach it, Mami!"  Some days are longer than others and some are shorter than others.  Holy Spirit is in control, not us!

3.  Growth 
Not only are the girls learning but I am too!  The growth isn't limited to what we learned in a book, but what Holy Spirit is revealing to us and how He is ministering us....Alleluya!!!!

So as this month ends, another one begins.  I have a feel for what works and what doesn't. I want to remain teachable (accepting instruction and correction and ready to change, one character trait my tot learned about).  And more importantly, He's there guiding us the whole way through it!

What have you enjoyed during this month of homeschooling?

2 comments:

  1. There are a few aspects of homeschooling that I extremely enjoyed this first month. First and foremost is that the curriculum revolves around God.

    I feel blessed that I am able to spend this time with my daughters. I am truly grateful for that LORD!!!

    Looking forward to more of HIM in HS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely learned that the Holy Spirit is in control, when we think we are done learning, is when you get ministered through a children's devotional.....Praise the Lord. Homeschool for us has been more of a lesson on values, morals and the Holy Spirit than any other academic study. We have def. learned that we can see God in everything, and to God be all the Glory that other learning is going on as well. We had our review today for our first test tomorrow and she did very well. God has def. been glorifying Himself during homeschooling, and I can def. say that my "fruits" are cultivating very well.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14