Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Still Learning

scary broken down old barn Pictures, Images and Photos

I applied my heart to what I observed 
       and learned a lesson from what I saw:
Proverbs 24:32

Have you ever started something and failed?  Or tried something new and succeeded?  Why did one work and not the other?

The proverb here teaches us that we should be learning, even from failures.  Here is a man who saw the house of a man who lacks judgement and did not stop to criticize or judge or even counsel.  Instead, he took this opportunity to learn.  

God is continually presenting us with opportunities to learn.  What frustrates you? worries you? causes doubt? brings upon fear?  What brings peace? satisfaction? joy? a sense of accomplishment?  

Let's ask Holy Spirit to help us to stop, observe, and learn.  We can walk aimlessly through life, blaming everything on the devil or we can become wise and learn.  Let us become conscious of victories, and yes, even our failures.  Let us bring it ALL to the Lord and ask to learn--why did this work?  why didn't this work?  what didn't I do?  what did I do?  

Remember when we stop learning, we stop growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14