Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Price is Right Update

So what was my total oop July spending @ CVS?
$2.57!  You can see what I got here.

Shopping at CVS is easy.  Here's a scenario:
2 Dawn liquid soaps for $2 and get $1 ECB (to use on a future purchase)
$2- $.25 coupon=$1.75 oop and $1 ECB for a future purchase

Ideally, the item you want has an ECB deal, is on sale, and you have a coupon.

Last month we saved roughly over $60 in coupons at various stores (this doesn't include Costco coupons).

Keys to Couponing:
1.  Don't buy an item just because you have a coupon
2.  Shop in advance-I personally don't like to go to many stores, so I will check their circulars before heading out
3.  Lots of stores are now taking competitor's coupons, so ask
4.  Price Adjustment-remember the laser printer we bought and saved $56?  Well, the following week, Staples had it for $10 less, so I went with receipt in hand and they took the $10 off making the printer a $66 savings!
5.  Share-there are some items I might buy to donate rather than for personal use

Hope this helps.  Any questions, please feel free to ask.  Any tips, please feel free to share.  Any savings reports, please feel free to testify!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the same printer and requested a price adjustment when it was on sale for $10 less the following week. Using my ink rewards ($9) from Staples plus a $5 off coupon Staples had that week...I saved a considerable amount for my laser printer.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14