Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Open Wide



Yesterday, all of us had dentist appointments for cleanings.  As much as I don't like to go to the dentist, I prefer cleanings as opposed to lots of work.  I was reminded of something a dentist once told me.  It went along the lines of, "Preventive care is better than treatment."  When I don't want to go through the entire oral cleaning routine, I am reminded of the above statement.  

Can't the same be said of our spiritual lives?  So many times we can be tempted to take "shortcuts" of why we don't have to do something the Word requires or why it's ok for us to bend the rules.  In reality, they are all excuses, none of which are valid before the Father.  He tells us Deuteronomy 30:19, "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live."

Therefore, the preventive care is in our hands.  Every time we choose life, we are avoiding treatment.  When we choose death, we chose painful treatments.  All of the daily decisions we make, whether ones for life or those for death, determine the condition of our soul before the Father.  Today, let's choose preventive care and avoid painful treatments!


1 comment:

  1. Karen, this is so true. Thank you for sharing. Karen, I would love to pray with you sometime. I plan to have an online prayer meeting in the next three weeks - after I finish my Esther study. I would love for you to come join us. Also, are you on Facebook? If so, I would love to connect with you there. God bless you. You mean a lot to me. You are a true woman of God.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14