Friday, August 28, 2009

Count Your Blessings

Picture 19

1.  God blessed us with beautiful weather so we could go out and continue preaching His Word! 
2.  We enjoyed a wonderful time in fellowship with my SIL's in-laws, whom we love so much (plus she is such a good cook...I got a new recipe:)
3.  Got to go to Camp Taconic with the FIC...summer full o' fun
4.  Hubby had a surprise for me and girls when we got back
5.  Hubby also made dinner for us for Thursday
6.  I received a beautiful email of encouragement that blessed my heart...Glory to God!
7.  We continue to evangelize in the streets, declaring VICTORY in the name of Jesus!
8.  We enjoyed a home church service as a family...praise the Lord for the gifts of the Holy Spirit
9.  God is teaching me to appreciate hubby more and more:)
10.  My nephew turned 18!!!!!  He is growing up to be such a man of God!  I love him and pray that all the days the Lord blesses him with, will be spent in His presence worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth!

Now on to the CYB challenge.  I was going over and over the women the Lord has put in my life. I have learned so much from them and we have shared so much together.  And it may be cliche, but the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful mom.  What I love is that today, only because of the Lord, can I say that and as well say that she is my friend and most importantly my sister in Christ.

As a child, I was horrible.  And as a teenager, even worse.  I had no intentions of staying home as an "18 year-old adult."  But God in His mercy intervened and I ended up staying 4 more years.  My relationship with my mother was in shambles to say the least.  At this time my sister (whom is another woman of God who I could write and write about) was living out of state.  The year I moved out, I also got married and most importantly came to Christ.  And lo and behold, although I move out, the Lord moves my mother one flight up from us and my sister about 2 doors down. But most importantly He saves them both! 

All of that is to say this.  God blessed me with a mother who loved me when I was unloveable. She stuck by me even when I pushed her away.  I am honored to enjoy her as  a mother who counsels and even at times corrects, as well as a friend who shares her heart with me.  But what I enjoy most about our relationship is that she is a woman of God, my sister in Christ.  I have seen her grow so much in the Lord and in love with Lord that I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank God that I get to share in her walk with Him and she in mine.  

Thank you God for such a blessing that is my mami.  May you continue to bless her and bless our relationship as well.  That she may know and see the love that we have for her.  That she may always see herself as part of my family (hubby loves mama-suegra and the girls love abuela).  May she always feel honored by us.  May she continue to grow in You Lord and fall in love with You each day more.  I pray this in Jesus' name.


1 comment:

  1. Mami is definately a blessing from the Lord.
    Syd ~~~> watery eyes

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14