Monday, August 24, 2009

At the End of the Flood

rainbow Pictures, Images and Photos

On Thursday, as we were driving to church (I was sleeping soundly next to hubby as he drove) hubby says, "Look at the rainbow!"  I immediately pop up and start looking for it as so does my tween.  When I see it, all we could say was, "WOW!"  We were in awe of the beauty of God's creation, but more importantly, we we in awe of Him.  

It had just finished rainy and dark clouds filled the sky, but here was this rainbow reminding us that God is faithful.  Yes, He is faithful.

It doesn't matter the size of the flood, the length of it, even the damage or destruction the flood causes.  After all is done and appears to be over, God is still there being Himself-Faithful.  He's there in the flood, during the length of it, and even sees and allows the damage or destruction, but at the end, we can rest assure we will see Him!  

God told Noah in Genesis 9:16, "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." So whether a flood  is coming, you're going through a flood, or you're getting over the flood, know that He remembers the covenant He made with you through the blood of Jesus. He remembers because He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Amen....we saw it as well and were reminded of God's promises :)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14