Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What Keeps Me on the Throne


 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting:
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

As I was getting ready for bed, the Lord spoke to me and said, "Beauty may get you the crown, but submission will keep you on the throne."  I just stopped within myself and was wondering what the Lord was talking to me about.  He then began to minister to me regarding Vasti and Esther. Both women were beautiful yet one submitted whereas the other didn't.  And true beauty is a gentle and quiet spirit in the eyes of the Lord (1 Peter 3:4).

In Esther, we see a physically beautiful women who was also spiritually beautiful because of her submissive spirit.  She submitted to Mordecai, Shaashgaz and Hegai (the king's enuchs), to her husband, and thus to God (Esther 2).  Now I must admit, this is an area that I pray that I may continuously grow in.  When I was first married, I didn't understand the concept and didn't want to.  Yet, when the Lord began to show me through His Word that my relationship with my husband is a direct reflection of my relationship with Him, things started to change (Ephesians 5:22).  It's easy to say we are submitted to God, and yet, if we are not submitted to our husbands, we are fooling ourselves into thinking we are truly submitted to God.  

I use to regard submission as demeaning and weak.  But Holy Spirit showed me otherwise.  It's easy to throw a fit when you don't get your way.  It's easy to pout and manipulate.  It's the strong woman who can control her emotions and not be led by them. It's a strong woman who can trust and rejoice that the Lord's will is being done and not her own.  It is a strong woman who can confide that because the Lord loves her, HE will work all things out for her good without her influence (Romans 8:28).  It takes strength and character not to always have the last word, be right, and prove your point.  It takes a strong woman to know that her self-worth doesn't come from what she has, what her husband can give her, what  she can get; her identity comes from Jesus.  

There is strength is submission.  Because when I am weak, He is strong.  When you no longer can see Karen, you will see Jesus.  When I no longer live, He lives in me.  When I am crucified, He is resurrected and glorified!  Yes, the only thing that keeps me seated on the throne is submission--submission to Him, His Word, His Will!

1 comment:

  1. "Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 cr. 12:10

    Submission is not hard when we are doing it according to the word of God....The husband is the head of the household and the Lord has established it this way. Just like I submit to the laws of the land, I submit to my pastor and the leaders of the church,I submit to authorities on earth like cops and traffic signals....I also submit to y husband believing and trusting that the God given role he has received he will fulfill with the help of the Holy Spirit.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14