Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unemployed


for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
Hebrews 4:10

When Jesus died on the cross for us, He did so willingly so that we would be saved by grace and not by works.  For there is nothing in anyone of us that deserves salvation.  We can't impress Him.  No matter how many hours you pray, days you fast, chapters you read, missions you open...nope none of it makes us worthy of salvation.  It is by His grace and not by works so that no one would glory (Ephesians 2:8-9).  Should we do the above?  Of course, but out of love for Him who shed His precious blood for us and not out of conditional love (if I do this that and the other, then I'll be good enough to receive His love).  

Today, if you are tired from trying to do things for God, enter into His rest...receive His grace!

Father, I thank you for your love and grace upon our loves through Jesus.  I pray that everyone who reads this would receive a fresh revelation of what it is to enter into your rest and receive your grace.  Renew our minds, that we would never want to operate under works but under Your grace which is sufficient.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It is truly a blessing when the revelation is received that in what better arms to rest assured in than in HIS! We must lay our cares on HIM trusting that everything will work out for good for those who love the LORD!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14