Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No Need to be Alone



God places the solitary in families and gives the desolate a home in which to dwell; He leads the prisoners out to prosperity; but the rebellious dwell in a parched land.  
Psalm 68:6

Have you ever felt lonely?  Abandoned?  Wanting to reach out to someone? Well, the first person we should reach out to is Jesus;  He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6).  

God also reveals His love through those around us.  I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful family in Christ, and I regard them just as that-family.  We use the terminology my brother/sister in Christ, but do we really feel it in our hearts?  God says in His Word, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another." (John 13:35)  God wants us to reflect His love to one another so that the world would know His love.  

This weekend, I was blessed to share His love with my husband's family and my sister's family. And although, I refer to them as my husband's family, I do it for distinguishing purposes. Because in my heart, I love them with Jesus love and I don't make distinctions in my heart regarding them. I didn't grow up with my extended family, so when my husband and I married, God blessed me with a large family.  Before we left, we prayed and I am confident that God is working in their hearts, in Jesus' name.  

God has given us of His love to in return share it with everyone else. Remember, we are to give by grace what we have received by grace (Matthew 10:8).  So instead of having the enemy deceive you into thinking you're all alone, remind him that first, Jesus is with you and in you. Secondly, in his infinite mercy, God has surrounded you with people to receive love from and also to give love to freely.  Just look around you; they (anyone you come into contact) are there wanting and waiting to receive God's love.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! God has truly blessed us with the wonderful gift of Salvation through His glorious Son Jesus Christ!!! He has filled our hearts with "Love" for us to share with one another and others. I pray that the Church of Jesus Christ may overflow with the manifestation of God's love and with hearts of gratitude towards God our Father for Jesus Christ!!!!! Halelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one."Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself". There is no commandment greater than these." - Mark 12:28-31

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14