Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm Alive!!

On Sunday, as I knelt on the floor worshipping God, it felt wonderful to be in His presence. I began to cry and let Him know that I felt so empty, so dead, so not like Karen.  And although I thought this was a bad thing, Holy Spirit was so beautiful to let me know and remind me that that's exactly how I should feel.Galatians 2:20 tells us, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Many times, we concentrate on what we have given up to follow Jesus as Peter did in Mark 10:28 "Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"

How did Jesus respond--Mark 10:29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life."

There on the floor Holy Spirit reminded me not to focus on what I had "given" up to follow Jesus, but rather focus on what He has given me for following Him.  Those words began to sink into my heart and thankfulness began overflowing within me.  The Lord gently reminded me of my life before Him, that although Karen, felt alive (that was a lie from the devil) she was dead in sin.  He reminded me of the changes  he has done in my life.  He has--

Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; 
       you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 

Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— 
       to bestow on them a crown of beauty 
       instead of ashes, 
       the oil of gladness 
       instead of mourning, 
       and a garment of praise 
       instead of a spirit of despair. 
       They will be called oaks of righteousness, 
       a planting of the LORD 
       for the display of his splendor.

1 Peter 2:9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Galations 4:7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

I might be dead in Karen, but He has made me alive in Christ!

6 comments:

  1. Glory to God!!! This is awesome... I rejoice with the ministration of the precious Holy Spirit in your life and in each one of His children... I pray that we all continue to allow God to be God in our lives..... Halelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sister what a blessed post.... Thank the Lord that we are alive in Him!!!!Glory to God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain" - Phil 1:21

    We are nothing without HIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I truly now believe we won't be able to be anyone with out the Lord.It was like a great wake up call for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes God gives us that gentle reminder of who we used to be so we will continue to keep our eyes on Him. Praise God He lives in us always.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14