Thursday, July 16, 2009

How do you deal with things?



Today, as my daughters and niece ate lunch at school (free breakfast and lunch...summer treat), two ladies began to get into an argument.  Things quickly escalated and by the time I knew it curse words and threats of, "Let's take this outside," were being hurled back and forth.  And all over who got to the table first!

I thought this would be a good teachable moment for the girls.  How they see us react will show them how to react when they are confronted with life situations.  It doesn't matter what you tell them, it's what they see you doing that will teach them.

Have my girls seen me act less than like Jesus?  Yes.  But they have also seen me repent for my behavior and have witnessed the fruit produced from repentance (Matthew 3:8) for God's glory.  So next time you're in the supermarket, post office, or wherever and things don't seem to be going your way, remember God is watching and so are your sheep!

When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.
1 Peter 2:23
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you karen. Love reading your blog. I posted another comment but I guess it didn't get through.

    Thanks for viewing the Esther videos.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Pastor often quotes...."Try to avoid saying..I'm sorry" Not to say that we are always going to do things perfectly but there are situations that we can excercise self-control. Please help me Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14