Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Home Builder: Cleaning Supplies


My mother has been telling me for a long time, that cleaning supplies are way too strong and should be diluted.  And after feeling like I had to air out the house while and after I was cleaning my bathroom, I admit she is right!

Now this is not to say that I am completely off of store bought cleaners, because I am not, but I did try some homemade cleaning supplies.  I added some vinegar to my already diluted Windex and made my own bathroom cleaner, which I use and it works better, yes better, than the store bought cleaners.  Most importantly, I don't feel like I have to wear a mask while doing it.

So far we're using homemade bathroom, kitchen, and floor (not for wood) cleaners, as well as homemade foam soap (pour 1 part regular liquid hand soap and three parts water into a foam dispenser).

So, although I haven't completely ditched the store bought cleaners, the changes are substantial.  I figured that using cloth towels instead of paper ones and diluting my store bought solutions (bought at Costco) should last me a loooong time and money while cleaning my house in an efficient and breathable manner:)


2 comments:

  1. Please post your cleaning solution for removing cooking grease.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put vinegar and water and spritz the cabinets or wipe them down to avoid grease buildup:)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14