Monday, July 13, 2009

He Is

My husband is not my better half...Jesus is my everything!
and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. 
Colossians 2:10

My husband is not my knight in shining armor...Jesus is!
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.He is my shield, the power that saves me,and my place of safety. 
Psalm 18:2

My husband is not my prince charming...Jesus is!
I belong to my lover, 
       and his desire is for me.  
Song of Solomon 7:10

My husband is not my provider...Jesus is!
Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”  
Genesis 22:14

My husband is not my healer...Jesus is!
O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.  
Psalm 30:20

My husband is not my comfortor...Jesus is!
Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. 
Isaiah 49:13

My husband is not my best friend...Jesus is!
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.  
Proverbs 18:24


God did not create my husband to "complete" me or vice versa; that is the Lord's work.  When we stop having expectations of what are husbands should be and should do, and we put and keep our  hope and trust in Jesus, we will never be disappointed (Romans 5:5).  Only then, will we really be able to enjoy our husbands, marriage, and family.  

3 comments:

  1. Amen sis!!!! What a great post and reminder that the Lord is all we need..... anything/anyone else is a bonus!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to put all this pressure (on my mental more so than my husband) on what I thought my husband should be/do. I have since realized that God wants me to look at my husband through HIS eyes (My husband is a man of God, my BIC, he is chosen, etc) and see that Jesus is my all!

    Thank you JESUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was married for several years before I learned that my husband isn't my everything. My expectations of my husband were so wrong. Praise God I finally 'got it'!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14