Monday, June 29, 2009

Who am I?

Do you want to know a secret?  Guess what it is?  

I am not flawless and neither are you!  Not that it is a secret to us or to those around us.  So, if it's not a secret why do we pretend to be flawless?

I have found tremendous freedom in accepting the fact that I am an earthen vessel.  I am not flaw proof, shatter proof, unbreakable, or indestructible.  I can't do it all on my own.  I don't have all the answers.  I can't do all things.  BUT, I do have Him in whom I can do all things!  He is Almighty, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent!  

I used to have a picture in my head of the flawless Christian woman.  And every time I fell short of "her" (and it was a lot), the devil would come and bring condemnation.  Why did I say that? Why did I say that like that?  Why can't you do that?  Why don't you want to do that?  Those were just some of the enemy's accusations.

As I spoke to my husband about "her", he wanted to know who "she" was. Where had I seen her? Could I describe her?  I answered him, "Well, I have never really met someone like that, but she would look like this..."  I then proceeded to list the qualities of my sisters in Christ that are worth imitation (1 Corinthians 11:1).  Then the Lord spoke to me, "She is the Bride!"  

The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 12 that we are a part in the body of Christ.  So, I don't have to be every woman; I have to be the part that God designed for me to be.  

No more comparing!  No more condemnation!  No more falling short!  
We are different.  We are unique.  We are the Bride!  

2 comments:

  1. The comparing used to get to me.
    I am more aware that I am created in the image and likeness of my Lord and Savior. I have hope and a future in HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
    ~ Psalm 139:14

    The enemy is a liar....and as silly as this may sound as I watched Veggie Tales with my kids and saw Snoodle's Tale I learned this very important lesson.....God makes us all differently so that we can fit perfectly into the Body of Christ and so that we can be made at His image not in the image of others....I embrace my uniqueness.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14