Thursday, June 4, 2009

What Makes Daddy Special?

There are so many things that I can answer to that question regarding my husband as a father and much more about my Heavenly Father!
Since the day we take to honor fathers (as a holiday b/c it should be done everyday) approaches, I want to take time to reflect on my Daddy.

My Daddy:
1.  loves me unconditionally
2. has promised never to leave me or forsake me
3.  shows me great mercy and grace
4.  His patience is AMAZING
5.  sustains, fortifies, and strengthens me
6.  wants to hear everything that is in my heart, no matter the time!!!!
7.  in His presence there is such joy
8.  has made me a new creature in Christ!
9.  His power is made perfect in weakness
10.  His faithfulness is so incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband as Papi:
1.  prays with the girls in such a way that it amazes me
2.  takes time to teach them the Word of God
3.  plays games with them I would never think of
4.  listens attentively when they speak
5.  comes up with the cutest names for them
6.  reflects the love of our Heavenly Father
7.  demonstrates the character of Jesus
8.  is a worshiper 
9.  loves me thus exemplifying the relationship between Jesus and His bride (he's an example of a Godly husband for God's glory!)
10.  humbles himself in their presence

For these and so many other reasons, I celebrate and seek to honor my Daddy and our Papi everyday.  Therefore, I will attempt to demonstrate my thankfulness to God for such a great father to our children by helping my husband more.  It doesn't have to be planning four course meals.  It can be simple yet meaningful gestures like charging his cell, leaving him a note,  giving him alone time, or uploading his ipod.  What are you going to do to show Daddy and Papi they are indeed special? 

1 comment:

  1. With Father's Day around the corner will should examine how we are honoring our heavenly Father and our husbands.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14