Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Creating a Monthly Menu

How to create a monthly menu:
1.  List meals your family already likes
2.  List the ingredients you use (thus making your shopping list)
3.  Try to make variations of the meals you make
4.  Look for new menu ideas and/or new ingredients to use
5.  Have fun...menu planning should reduce not create work for you!

What are the benefits of monthly menu planning:
1.  Answers the question, "What are we going to eat for dinner tonight?"
2.  Avoids eating out 
3.  Avoids wasting time and money to get last minute ingredients you forgot
4.   Reduces prep time if you are using the same ingredient/dish in multiple meals
(cooking rice for two days instead of one and storing the rest for tomorrow)
5.  Keeps you interested in finding new and healthy recipes for your families

1 comment:

  1. That is definately a time saver. I definately want to start up again! Help me Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14