Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Woundless

This morning as I read the Word, I came across Daniel 6:23, "23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God."

This verse jumped out at me.  How much pain could I have avoided had I just trusted in the Lord?  The answer is plenty.  And although I can doing nothing about the past (God has and is healing me), I can certainly take this as a preventive word for my life.  As long as I trust in the Lord, I will be woundless.  

Daniel was thrown into the den and not eaten, and if that's not amazing enough, the Bible let us know (v. 23), he didn't suffer any wounds.  Nothing caused a wound in Daniel--not the fall, not the wait, not the rescue.  Daniel remained whole, healthy, and alive because his trust was in God.   

We too can be like Daniel.  No matter what is happening around us, in the midst of us, in us, if we trust in the Lord, we will be woundless.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14