Monday, May 4, 2009

Watch your Words

How many times have you said something to only later regret it?  Me too.  

Praise the Lord that He has left His Word to help us with taming our tongue.  Since I enjoy Proverbs, let's start there.  This week let's work on:

Put away perversity from your mouth; 
       keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

Proverbs 4:24

Remember that perverse talk is not only racy comments and corrupt speech is not limited to foul language.  If you catch yourself talking negatively about someone or something, check yourself.  Remember Luke 6:45 states, "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."  Your words may be saying much more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14