Monday, May 11, 2009

Nourishing Words

Some time last week, I was trying to decide whether or not to buy something.  When I asked for my husband's advice, he started speaking and I just knew in my spirit it was going to be one of those moments when wisdom is about to be poured out.  I wanted to savor every word that came out of his mouth, because I knew the Lord was about to speak to me.  The words nourished my soul and brought satisfaction to my spirit concerning the decision.
Do your words have that effect?  I want mine to.

So this week on "Watch Your Words," we're focusing on Proverbs 10:21:

The lips of the righteous nourish many, 
       but fools die for lack of judgment.

Look for opportunities to nourish others with God's Word and take advantage of those opportunities the Lord has already set up for you to do so.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14